- About Us
- ICANN Managed Root Server
- Scheduled Maintenance
Hosting IMRS in your network
Thank you for your interest on hosting an ICANN Managed Root Server (IMRS) instance, commonly known as IMRS-Single.
Frequently Asked Questions and benefits about why you should consider hosting an IMRS-Single are described here.
Pre-requisites to host an IMRS-Single:
- Your organization is willing to host an ICANN Managed Root Server server instance (IMRS-Single)
- Your organization can provide all of the following:
- Your organization is able to sign a Non-Disclosure-Agreement (NDA) and an IMRS Single Agreement to establish responsibilities between ICANN and the host organization.
- A Hardware Appliance (internal code names Calypso or Pandora) that must be acquired via a nominated vendor described in the IMRS Single Agreement.
- Housing (hosting) for the server: Including connectivity, power and proper/secure rack space.
- Ability to establish a BGP peering session to propagate ASN 20144 the prefixes 22.214.171.124/23, 126.96.36.199/24, 2001:500:9e::/47, 2001:500:9f::/48 and 2001:500:3::/48
If these pre-requisites are completely satisfied the workflow is the following:
- According to the region of where the server will be hosted, you must contact your regional Local GSE Coordinator . This coordinator will be your primary point of contact and it will facilitate the communication and procedures between the host and ICANN to interchange company information and the signing of the NDA and IMRS Single Agreement.
- Once both the NDA and Contracts are executed, the GSE Coordinator will notify the host it should acquire and prepare the server for installation.
- The GSE Coordinator will notify the host to fill-out technical information related to the server connectivity in the IMRS-single Technical Data Collection Form.
- The DNS Engineering team will install and test the server to ensure everything is working accordingly. Once the installation is complete it will notify the host.
- At this point the server is live and running. Congratulations! A new IMRS-Single has been deployed.
Quick Check-List for your reference
- Host to contact ICANN GSE, and provide company information.
- Host to sign NDA and then provided Contract.
- Host purchases the equipment (appliances)
- ICANN returns the executed documents to Host.
- Host completes the Technical Data Collection Form.
- Host racks/power/connect the equipment (appliance)
- ICANN DNS Engineering installs and test the server to ensure everything is working accordingly.
- Once the installation is complete, ICANN notifies the host.