- About Us
- RSSAC001 Response
- Scheduled Maintenance
Hosting L-Root in your network
Thank you for your interest on hosting an L-Root instance, commonly known as L-Single.
Frequently Asked Questions and benefits about why you should consider hosting an L-Single are described here.
Pre-requisites to host a L-Single:
- Your organization is willing to host an L-Root server instance (L-Single)
- Your organization can provide all of the following:
- Your organization is able to sign a Non-Disclosure-Agreement and an ICANN L-Root Single Agreement to establish responsibilities between ICANN and the host organization.
- A Hardware Appliance (internal code names Calypso or Pandora) that must be acquired via a nominated vendor described in the ICANN L-Root Single Agreement.
- Housing (hosting) for the server: Including connectivity, power and proper/secure rack space.
- Ability to establish a BGP peering session to propagate ASN 20144 the prefixes 184.108.40.206/23, 220.127.116.11/24, 2001:500:9e::/47, 2001:500:9f::/48 and 2001:500:3::/48
If these pre-requisites are completely satisfied the workflow is the following:
- According to the region of where the server will be hosted, you must contact a Local GSE Coordinator . This coordinator will be your primary point of contact and it will facilitate the communication and procedures between the host and ICANN to interchange company information and the signing of the NDA and L-Root Single Agreement.
- Once both the NDA and Contracts are executed, the GSE Coordinator will notify the host should acquire and ready the server for installation.
- The GSE Coordinator will notify the host to fill out technical information related to the server connectivity in the L-single Technical Data Collection Form.
- The DNS Engineering team will install and test the server to ensure everything is working accordingly. Once the installation is complete it will notify the host.
- At this point the server is live and running. A new L-Single has been deployed.
Quick Check-List for your reference
- Host to contact GSE, and provide company information.
- Host to sign NDA and then provided Contract.
- Host purchases the equipment
- ICANN returns the executed documents to Host.
- Host completes the Technical Data Collection Form.
- Host purchases the equipment (appliances)
- ICANN DNS Engineering Team install and test the server to ensure everything is working accordingly. Once the installation is complete the host will be notified.